Hale Parish Council
Welcome to Hale, a small village in the north west of the New Forest. Lying partly along the River Avon and partly on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border, Hale is a scattered community with the centre of the village being Hatchet Green. This delightful open space, enjoyed by residents and visitors alike is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) and a Conservation Area. The Green, often grazed by wild ponies, is surrounded by pretty thatched cottages. It is here you will find the modern Village Hall adjacent to the Victorian school building, home to the flourishing and very successful Hale Primary School. Nearby is the modern sculpture that was erected to mark the Millennium.
Other notable landmarks in the village are Hale Park House, rebuilt in about 1715, St Mary's Church and Hale Purlieu, a stunning common in the New Forest, owned and managed by The National Trust. There are 227 properties within the Parish boundary and a population of approximately 470.
There are currently opportunities to work with the Parish Council. Please see the Council page for more details.
History of Hale Parish Council
An informal meeting of Parishioners of Hale took place on 4 December 1894. It was proposed that a formal second meeting be called on 20 December 1894 to determine whether an application should be made for a Parish Council. At that second meeting it was resolved that an application be made to the County Council for a Parish Council in Hale. Such application was successful and the first Parish Councillors were elected on 27 May 1895.
Present day - Hale Parish Council
The Parish Council meets 11 times a year on the first Tuesday in the month, except in August. The Annual Parish Assembly takes place in April each year. All the meetings are held at Hale Village Hall by Hatchet Green and start at 7.30pm. Parishioners are very welcome to attend Council meetings and the Annual Parish Assembly.
This website is currently being updated. Please bear with us whilst we undertake this exercise.