Hale and Woodgreen Parish and Community Magazine
The archives of the Parish Magazine do not indicate when it was first produced. It probably developed from the listings of church services and other activities issued to their congregations by Parish Ministers. Certainly the oldest examples of the magazine dated April 1943 and October 1945 produced by Rector Skene of St. Mary's Hale contain such listings, a Diocesan insert of 4 small pages and a page of adverts for local shops. A single copy dated January 1954 is very similar.
Since January 1972 we have complete sets of more substantial magazines with the addition of information about, and reports from, a wide range of local community activities in addition to those that are church-related. Over the past 10 years the magazine has also included monthly reports of the proceedings of Hale and Woodgreen Parish Councils, and when relevant, reports from the New Forest District Council.
Since 1998 the number of commercial enterprise advertisements has steadily increased, particularly with computer technology allowing pictorial components and eye-catching "boxed" adverts, the income from which ensures that the Magazine has sound finances.
The Magazine has a monthly circulation of around 400 copies and is delivered to almost three quarters of the dwellings in Hale and Woodgreen. The annual subscription is £5.00. Further details concerning subscriptions to, advertising in, and sending copy for publication in the magazine can be obtained from the Editor (01725 512496) or the Production Manager email@example.com